Okay so when I started running, there were a lot of things I did not like about running. Obviously, running is hard enough, now throw in getting up early, running in the heat and the freezing cold, and you want me to do that without music? Yeah, right. 🙂 So here is my list of the Top 10 Things I Never Thought I Would Do as a Runner. Feel free to add your own.
1. Get up early — I hate getting up early, but for races you sometimes get up before 5 am. YIKES!
2. Run in the extreme heat/cold — 18 degrees or 81 degrees
3. Run with a water bottle in my hand — I thought this would drive me crazy, but I really did get used to it!
4. Run without an ipod/headphones — Running without headphones is wonderful! I can focus on my breathing, my body, or nothing at all.
5. Run with the shorts liner — Oh man, I thought I’d be an underwear girl forever, and it was an odd transition to just use the shorts liner alone, but once I got used to it, I’ll rarely go back.
6. Run a marathon — Now I’ve done 4. 🙂
7. Wear multiple pairs of shoes — Um, yes I run in 3 different pairs of shoes. One for long runs, one for speed days, and one for trail shoes.
8. Do track work-outs — Yes, I do these and enjoy them and have found them to be very beneficial in becoming a faster runner!
9. Wear matching running outfits — Um, I really do like to match my shorts and shirts when running. It makes me smile even if it is a little cheesy!
10. Still be running after 5 years — But I am and still loving it!