Chris Farley isn’t the only one who asks this question! Most runners skimp on the lifting. I know I often have. My rationalization was that I was running 4 days a week, I didn’t need to work out any more. But now that I’ve started working with a trainer once a week and try to get into at least one spin class a week, I’ve seen my aerobic ability improve and overall my body feels more toned. Plus, a strong core leads to better form and better running. So what are you waiting for? Get to the gym?
Okay, need more convincing? How about these 12 reasons!
- You’ll lose 40% more fat.
- Your clothes will fit better.
- You’ll burn more calories.
- Your diet will improve. (Probably!)
- You’ll handle stress better.
- You’ll be happier.
- You’ll build stronger bones.
- You’ll get into shape faster.
- Your heart will be healthier.
- You’ll be more productive.
- You’ll live longer.
- You’ll be smarter.
Convinced? I hope so!