Okay so it’s February, but it’s never too late to celebrate the successes of 2012! I got my hands on a copy of The Seed Company’s Annual Report (don’t be too impressed; you can look at it too here) and was excited to read many of the highlights of how God has worked in the past year.
- In 2012, 115 languages were engaged in translation projects, 70 of them were first Scripture projects
- This means that 1.2 billion people now have access to Scripture in their heart language!
- $19.2 million was given to fund translation projects! (up 8.6%)
- New storytelling initiatives share the gospel exposing those living in oral cultures to the Bible
- Thanks to new video and audio technology, the Jesus film can be translated in half the time
- 81% of gifts to The Seed Company are used for translation projects
The report was a wonderful reminder of his faithfulness. Who knows what plans he has this year!